Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Perfect Love Story

Can anyone of you be a fan of Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare? How about The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks? Twilight Saga? All of these have one thing in common. They were all love stories. I always wonder why most of us find the perfect love story with that of what we watch or read. Can you name one love story that you love the most? We always ask ourselves, "why can't we have the same relationships with that?" I've been watching some love stories and been reading them recently. I always thought that these fictional love stories exist. In fact they do, but not as perfect as what God has written for us. I bet, none of us has mentioned in ourselves how we love our own love story.

I paid attention to this book, followed it, imagined myself in it, hoping that my life would have been the same with the protagonist of the story. Wishing that I could see my self doing the same and having the same situations, the same characters in my life and having the same experiences creating a perfect love story. Sometimes, when you attached yourself in the story, you would not want to reach the last page of the book so you never have to realize that it has ended and the story is all that it is - nothing more than being a fiction. I remember myself writing almost the same thought previously, something about attaching ourselves with the fantasy we wish we were in it. (Read here.)

We forget to love the life that we have. Sometimes, that is what I hate about publications. These soap operas and these books were all man-made. As men, we like to make perfect love stories for ourselves never realizing that we have our own perfect love story. We were too busy creating one and finding more than what we already have. We forget to appreciate the kind of life and the love story that was created for us - by God - who made it uniquely for us. It is about time for us to open our eyes.

Yes, indeed women are emotional. I admit that I attach my emotions with everything else. We always thought that opening our feelings can solve everything. That is why we watch soaps, read books with attached "love story" in it. Most of the time, women make decisions based on their emotions. This is what I get blamed for, well, not most of the time but every time a couple argues - a man brings about his logical thinking with everything, and the woman, brings out her emotions for her rationalization. So how come despite these differences they still understand each other? That's what you call compromise. You value each other more than your pride. It wasn't about winning the argument, or approval of your partner's views, you opened your heart and accepting each other's thinking and by the end of the day, you will find that it doesn't matter. I didn't actually mean that you forget what you talked about. What I mean is that it doesn't matter who's right or wrong, what matters is you get to know each other better and you both are willing to sacrifice to give the best understanding for each. Each day, that is what me and my partner have been doing. We don't agree on much, well, we almost don't agree on everything. But no matter how different we may be, we still go on the same path together. That's the kind of love story that I have. Looking back on everything he and I have been through, I may read books, or watch several love stories. I may even cry as I watch it, or attach myself in it. But at the end of the day, ours is my favorite. It couldn't be anymore perfect because I knew that God has written it.

Back in the days, I always thought that what I had wasn't enough. That I knew I wanted more. But I have more than what I needed. I was blessed with a life with him. There were no trace of regrets as for me showing this man how much he means to me. This is one of the ways, actually. Behind this, there is more and I will never get tired of it. I found the "one". I don't have any proofs, I haven't seen a fortune teller, neither have I predicted my future or his. But I felt that I already found mine. I thought I could be spending a lifetime figuring it out who he is, or what will he look like. I even made a list of my ideal man. But this is the moment you will realize that all of those will be scrapped out because, he was better than what I have enlisted down. You can call me crazy or even cheesy, for I actually asked God to bring me this kind of man but He has given me better, no - He gave me the best. He actually didn't meet my expectations. He was beyond that. I may have found him but life isn't a walk in the park. We also have hurt each other, say things we didn't mean. Even went to the point of giving all up. Yet,  all the pain, all the the things we've gone through were worth it. I know that it can be risky. I never forget to love myself, because without it I couldn't have loved him the way that I am now. You know what I found? I was glad he was the same. As Bob Marley says, "the truth is, it is not going to be easy, we just have to find the one's worth suffering for." We both were happy and still willing to figure it out because we both knew that we can surpass almost everything as long as we're together.

So what's your love story? Look back into yourself and remember the what you've gone through. The words he/she told you, or the nameless moments that brought you together. Some may be single at the moment, but hey, have faith and trust God because He has one for you that will be perfect. Trust me, that will be the kind of love story that you wouldn't get tired of reading. 





************************************************
No copyright infringement intended. Credits to google seach for the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment