Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Interest in Makeup

I remember the time when my aunt used to be a Natasha lady. Natasha is like Avon when you get to get sellers of the product of this particular company. Its like a mobile mall. The Natasha company back then just released their new line of products - cosmetics. I recall that Marian Rivera was their model. However, I am not quite sure if these new line products of Natasha still exists today. As I was going through the catalogue, I admire Marian's makeup in her pictures and I love the way it turned out.

I thought that time I wish I could recreate the look but I don't have much resources and the only makeup kit I have was a China made powder box with not-so vibrant colors. But then, I tried to recreate the look but I failed. I tried to search on the internet (Youtube wasn't popular yet that time) on steps on how to apply makeup but I really can't understand the steps. I gave it up. For a while, I stopped thinking about it and got busy with other things.

But then when I reach post graduate life, with nothing else to do but stay inside the house and no other modes of entertainment but the internet,  I suddenly visited the YouTube website and clicked on how to apply makeup. Honestly, I really don't know how to. What I was after in applying makeup is how you should work with the eyes. I wanted to recreate a smokey look. I saw various videos of how to apply and I learned a lot. However, there's just one problem, I have no resources! With the money I had, I started collecting makeup sets and kits I saw at an affordable price. Then, little by little, I learn the techniques and I am able to collect enough sets to recreate the look that I wanted.


I've visited various channels of makeup professionals on YouTube and I did learned a lot. First, I want to credit Wayne Goss for his lovely tutorials. He made expert techniques as simple as possible for starters like me. If you're a make up lover or interested in makeup, you could visit his channel by clicking the following link: gossmakeupartist












Another makeup expert I wanted to credit is Eman. She can actually recreate any look you want. She's a great makeup artist and I love her works. Here's her blog: emanmakeup.blogspot.com
You can also visit her youtube channel on the following link: makeupbyeman








I really wish I could be talented as them, but I guess makeup art isn't really for me. Still, thanks to them I am able to learn simple techniques which I could use / apply in any case.

Right now, I am still collecting makeup products that would complete my collection. I am also doing some reviews about the products that I use at www.makeupalley.com. Since I get interested with makeup, I was eager to have a job to buy all the things that I wanted and to collect makeup. I am finally able to create myself with simple looks and use them when I go out and sometimes when I get nothing else to do at home. I practice makeup application and use my own face.

No comments:

Post a Comment