Monday, December 19, 2011

For the People Affected by Typhoon Sendong

I was going over my notes last night in preparation for an exam by the coming year, and my dad was watching TV news. The recent news caught my attention which was about the typhoon "Sendong" effects on the southern part of the Philippines - Mindanao, particularly in Cagayan de Oro and Iligan City. I knew that I saw a lot of disasters lately and other tragedic events such as the recent tsunami that struck Japan; the plane crash in Paranaque where many homes where affected. But this tragedy made me feel the compassion for these people. Almost 400 people died, and hundreds are still missing.

Here's is a video I watched from YouTube. As I watch this, I felt nothing but sorrow. My heart is broken for these people.


As I was staring at the pictures being flashed on the TV, there are a lot of people died. They were covered in mud and you could hardly identify them. The search and retrieval team are still on search for the people missing and they were believed to be dead. Some, believe that the missing people were already buried under the mud. I feel no other thing for them but sympathy. It might not be right to feel such but if you are able to see their condition, its like they will have difficult time recovering from the disaster. You could barely see houses standing, everything was ruined.

I wish I could help them in some way, or offer any financial support, but unfortunately I don't have any power nor anything to help but I hope these prayers I had can be able to reach out to them and make them feel that God never forgets and never wanted for this to happen. I wanted to take this opportunity to share everyone what happened, and would like to ask for your prayers to them. I went to complete my dawn mass this morning and I prayed no one else but them. I still thanked the Lord for I wasn't affected from the disaster, so as with my family and all the people I know. I may not be there to help them recover from what happened, but I will always be here praying for them. 

My heartfelt sorrow goes out for those people who died and were affected, hoping that they can recover soon. May the souls find the light of the Lord and be home with Him again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment